Friday, July 15, 2011

Camping

So last weekend a group of us young ones from the church went camping for the weekend at Hicks Lake (near Harrison). I had a really really great time, and laughed a lot more than I ever thought I would.
I feel really lucky to be part of this group of young people in the church. We all get along so well, and many of us have known each other for a very long time, but are still able to receive and welcome new faces (which for us, like any tight group of people, still takes conscious efforts). This weekend I felt like the group of people that camped together functioned much like a fun, healthy family...a family within the larger church family. I am excited to spend many more days with this smaller family in the future, and even more excited to see how we can be challenged to open ourselves up even more to the larger church family, and allow ourselves to be known and loved by the larger body.

No comments:

Post a Comment